Located in the heart of the mountains, SnowUniverse is a company that cares about nature and the environment. That’s why we strive to minimise our environmental impact as much as possible.
Our environmental and ethical commitments:
• SnowUniverse endeavours to highlight locally-manufactured products. We have created a filter for country of manufacture so that you can choose products knowing where they come from. An item produced locally is always less polluting than a product manufactured further away.
• We include a distinctive logo for ecologically-designed products. Some companies take the time to design and manufacture products in a sustainable manner. We support this approach and actively encourage it. An logo can be seen on these products in the SnowUniverse catalogue.
• We offer a recycling service for your old skis and snowboards. Give us your old equipment and we’ll pass it onto the company Trivallées, who specialise in the recovery and management of waste.
• We believe it’s better to repair than throw away, which is why we offer a range of spare parts for snowshoes and also for hiking poles and Nordic walking poles for brands such as Brand TSL Outdoor and Guidetti. Discover our spare parts range here.
• We give a second life to packaging cartons. We receive hundreds of boxes every year and it would be silly not to use them for our product shipments when they are still in good condition.
• We have selected carriers (La Poste, DPD) who are aware of their environmental impact and who offset their carbon emissions by funding projects such as reforestation in France and worldwide.